How to make a second Youtube Channel
How to create a second Youtube channel is actually a topic on our channel and website every year. The reason is simple. Hardly a year goes by that the design or menu navigation on Youtube doesn’t change, so it can always be an adventure to find the right sub-items in your own Youtube account. From there we would like to show you also in 2020 how you can create a second channel. For example, it is possible and makes sense to share very different content, so as not to overwhelm the audience with gaming and beauty tips. But if you like both, you can independently serve both interest groups with suitable content with a second Youtube channel. By the way, we will soon explain how you can become a Youtuber in a workshop, which will also be expanded at regular intervals. So take a look.
Create Youtube account or Youtube channel, there is a difference:
A little confusing, but creating an account and a channel are not the same thing. If you want to create a Youtube account, you register as a user, but you don’t have a channel for the time being. This is also not necessary if you do not want to become a Youtuber yourself and upload content. And then there is the difference to create a second channel, so that you can produce content on different Youtube channels.
- Go to Youtube
- Please note: This tutorial already uses the new design of Youtube. Since the old design will be discontinued soon, please use the new design as well
- Click on the profile picture of your first channel in the upper right corner and go to “Settings”
- Now click on “Add or manage channel(s)” and then on “Create a new channel”
- Give a name to your new channel and click on “Create”
To assign a custom URL for your second channel and thus be able to shorten the link, proceed as follows:
- Click again on your profile picture and on “YouTube Studio”
- Click on “Costumization” in the left tab and then on “Basic info”
- Under the item “Custom URL” you can now see if you can already assign a corresponding URL
- If not, click on the link for more information to find out which criteria you still have to meet
As you can see, it is not difficult to create another Youtube channel or to change the Youtube URL. As always, you just need to know where to find the appropriate settings. Also note that changing your Youtube link will not change your Youtube name. You have to do that setting separately. But also for this we have already made a video some time ago. There you will learn exactly how to change the Youtube channel name. And now happy work and good luck with all your projects!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!