How to block Youtube channels
Some time ago, we received the question of how to block YouTube channels as a viewer, so that they are not constantly recommended to you, even though you do not like their content. We wanted to take a closer look at this and found a way to hide Youtube channels. But since we also like to show how to undo settings, this sent us on a long journey, because THIS setting is really well hidden. So we hope this post helps you out. The research was definitely more elaborate than usual!
Can you block Youtube channels?
Yes, you can and sometimes it makes sense. Because even though you give videos a Dislike, Youtube gets the idea to suggest exactly this channel more often in the future. So hiding a Youtube channel is a good way to solve the problem. In addition, there is a second way to teach the Youtube algorithm what you like and what you don’t like. So there is the quick solution and the slower but also very interesting trend.
- Go to the home page of Youtube
- On a recommended video click on the three dots next to the title
- Now you have two options:
- “Not interested” lets the alghorhythm know that you are not interested in this type of videos and tries to recommend the topic less in the future
- “Don’t recommend channel” is a suitable solution for exactly this channel
- Select one of the two options
- The video has now been removed and the settings will be adjusted
- If needed, you could change it again on the spot via “Undo”
Can you delete this setting afterwards?
- Go to Google
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and “Manage Google Account”
- Select “Data & Privacy” on the left & “Web and App Activities” in the middle
- Click on “Manage all Web & App Activity” & on the left on “Other Google activity”
- Further down you will find the item Youtube “Not interested” feedback
- Click on “Delete” and confirm the notice
As you can see, hiding channels is very simple. Undoing the setting takes much longer. So you better think twice! With these adjustments, we wish you a lot of fun in the future when using Youtube, where from now on you will only find channels that interest you! Also have a look at our Youtube channel. There you will find many more useful tips!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!