Find Windows 7 Product Key in Registry or with Software
Each installation of Windows requires its own product key. Normally, you don’t need this and even if you do, it is often found as a sticker on the computer’s case. But what if you buy the computer used and can’t find the sticker? For some logins in Microsoft this license is needed. If you want to find your Windows 7 product key, you can do this very easily with a program. So you can get the needed information without much technical knowledge.
When do I need to finde the Windows 7 product key?
As said, normally this is not necessary. However, if you want to obtain an iso file via Microsoft, for example, in order to be able to reset the system, the system checks with the license key whether you are authorized to do so. This is actually the only case where you need this actively in our opinion. Alternatively, you could use this if you want to use the license from an old computer on a newer model and thus save a new purchase.
- Install the program MyKeyFinder
- Quickly register with name and email address and confirm (takes 5 seconds)
- Switch to “Registry Keys” in the program and search for “Windows”
- For Windows 7 you will find your “Serial Number”
This way you can read the Windows key without in the registry:
- Click on Start, select “Run” and enter “regedit”
- Follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData
- Search for ProductID. This is your product key for Windows 7
As you can see, it is not difficult to find the key in Windows 7. The recommended program works quickly and does not offer any additional functions, so that it leads directly to the goal. Otherwise, you can do it without the program. So you have the choice how easy you want it to be. It is up to you!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!