Can’t connect to this network / Solution
We had the problem ourselves the other day, trying to connect a new laptop to the WLAN. However, we got the message “Can’t connect to this network“. Of course, that didn’t stop us and we immediately started looking for a solution. We also knew that we would have to write a post about it, because this issue seems to affect an extraordinarily large number of users every month. For this reason, we provide you with several solutions so that you can quickly get to grips with the problem. Just try them all out and you will surely find a suitable solution that works for you!
“Have you already turned the device off and on again?”
Being in IT ourselves, customers are always amazed at how often this very question comes up and yet brings the solution. The easiest way to solve the above problem is to restart the router. Therefore, before you delve deep into the matter, just unplug your router and plug it back in and see if that takes care of the whole thing. If not, we have more solutions in store for you.
- Restart your router
- IMPORTANT: This will only work if you are able to connect your device to the Internet via LAN in advance
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Device Manager
- Open the network adapters and right click on your WLAN adapter
- Select “Update drivers” and then “Automatically search for drivers”
- If new drivers are available, install them
- Type “Detect and fix network problems” in the Windows search and click the item
- Click “Next” and select “Troubleshoot problems connecting to the Internet
- If problems are detected, run the troubleshooter
- Enter “Command Prompt” in the Windows search and click the item
- Type the following command and confirm with Enter:
- netsh int ip reset tcpreset.txt
- Restart the computer
At first, the mistake seems very scary. Being excluded from the Internet today often restricts the usage options very much. However, the problem can be solved very quickly in most cases, so you can start working with the device again. We hope that you could benefit from our personal experience and that your connection to the network is possible again!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!