Slack schedule message
Communication is important in any business, and Slack is made for that. But what if you don’t want to send the current thought or instruction directly, but don’t want to forget it either? In such cases, you can schedule a Slack message later and make sure it reaches the appropriate contact at the right time. And we’ll show you how to do that in just a few steps.
Send Slack message later – according to your requirements:
There are various settings available to schedule Slack messages. It is also possible to change or delete the message if you are not satisfied with it before publication. Therefore, don’t be afraid to use the feature.
- Open the contact you want to send a delayed message to
- Don’t click on the paper airplane to send the message, but on the small triangle next to it
- Select “Custom time”
- enter the appropriate data and click on “Schedule message”
- Above your bookmarks a new category named “Scheduled” will appear
- Here you will find all the messages that should be sent at a later time
- There are also options to edit, reschedule or delete the message
In our opinion, the ability to send messages later in Slack is an underrated tool for providing channels with important information without it being forgotten due to early sending. Since we learned about the feature, we definitely use it more often!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!