Skype signing in problem
With Skype, contacts can be maintained worldwide, which would probably not be possible otherwise. Users of Skype have the possibility to communicate with each other with text or also in a video call. However, there is a common error that causes a Skype signing in problem – also called blue screen, because only a blue screen appears, in which no data can be entered. If your Skype login doesn’t work either, we have several solutions here that can help with the problem. We recommend that you work through them one by one.
Skype login does not work – you can do that:
There are different reasons. Either due to minor settings or, for example, other programs that Skype works with. A good example of this is Internet Explorer. Even if you don’t use it, an update can help to solve the login problem with Skype. More about this in the following section.
- If you get the error, you should first uninstall Skype and download the latest version of Skype
- Open Internet Explorer (if you don’t have it, you can find download links at the bottom)
- Go to “Tools” (or ALT+X) -> Internet Options in the upper right corner of the screen
- Change to the “Advanced” tab
- Click on “Reset” at the bottom
- In the next window check “Delete personal settings” and then click “Reset”
- Make a right click on your desktop and go to “New” -> Shortcut
- Now either search Skype using the “Browse” button or use the following paths:
“C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /legacylogin
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /legacylogin
Important: Pay attention to the language of your paths. Even in a non-english version, these can be called “Program Files”
- If you have chosen the path via “Browse”, it is recommended to add “/legacylogin” at the end
- Press Next and name your shortcut
- Download the LoginCleanup file (you can find it at the end of this post)
- Double click on the LoginCleanup.bat file
- Run the program
- Skype will start automatically after the run
- If you still have problems with Skype, feel free to post them in the comments. The series is not closed. Maybe you can find more solutions by researching
With these extensive suggestions, the problem should surely be solved, right? If you’re still having trouble using Skype, just let us know so we can take care of that too. And now, have fun connecting with your loved ones around the world!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purcha