Powerpoint slide number (insert / change / remove)
PowerPoint presentations can reach a considerable length. To improve the overview and to refer to a direct page in case of questions, it makes sense to insert a slide number in PowerPoint, which separates each slide quickly and easily. A corresponding function is available in PowerPoint and can be switched on very easily. You also have the option of outputting the title page without a page number, as this is often structured quite differently and does not normally require a number as the first page.
PowerPoint slide number formatting – completely customizable:
Microsoft PowerPoint has a predefined position for the page number depending on the design. Of course, this can also be changed. To do this, however, you need to understand how the so-called slide master works. It offers many setting options and we will explain it in this post so far that you can make the necessary settings to your page numbers.
This is how you can insert slide numbers in PowerPoint:
- Click on the “Insert” tab and in the “Text” area click on “Slide number”
- Set a check mark at “Slide number”
- If you do not want a page number on the first page, check “Do not show on title slide”
How to change the slide numbers in PowerPoint:
- Click on the “View” tab and in the “Master Views” section click on “Slide Masters”
- Here you will find all the predefined pages that your current slide theme has to offer
- If you make changes on the top level, they will be applied to all other levels
- Changes in lower layers apply only to the edited design itself
- Find the text box and drag it to the desired location
- If you are satisfied you have to select “Close master view” in the top bar
Appropriate editing of your own slides is important to be convincing during presentations. Therefore, find a good place for page numbers, where they are present but not disturbing. We wish you good luck with your work in PowerPoint. If you have further questions, please have a look at our other PowerPoint tutorials!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!