Video as Background with VLC Player
Who has not thought about it – A video as background on your own screen. This is a great way to create an atmospheric work environment…. Or simply watch a movie while working. In any case not a bad idea. Setting a video background is not possible in Windows by default. However, with the VLC Player as a tool, it is quite easy to run a video as background in Windows 10. Therefore, we would like to explain to you here how you can set this in a few seconds. Just try it out!
Videos as background in Windows 10 – what you have to consider:
In general, you should be aware that your computer also has to call up performance during a video. If it is only playing the video, this is certainly not a problem. However, as a background video, you will probably also demand other computing work from it. Therefore, you should make sure that you don’t push your computer to its limits. After all, who wants to watch a jerky video with stuttering sound? The good thing is that the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Then you’ll quickly find out whether your PC can cope with this work!
- First download the VLC Player
- Start the VLC Player
- Go to “Tools” -> Preferences -> Video
- Set the Output menu to “DirectX (DirectDraw) Video Output
- Select the display device on which you want to play the video (normal is default)
- Click on Save
- Drag the video to the player
- Go to “Video” -> Use as background image
- double click into the video and choose “Toggle fullscreen mode” in the performance below
- Now the video runs beside the player also in the background on the desktop
- You can now minimize the player and watch the movie on the desktop
As you can see, it is very easy to play a video as desktop background with the VLC Player. Thus, you can also watch entire movies while you work and click files on the desktop. Whether you really need this is a completely different question, but we also know: Sometimes it is simply also about style points! 😉 We wish you a lot of fun watching videos and working!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!