How to set Out of Office in Gmail
Whether you just need some time off or you’re on your way on vacation – the flood of mails from customers and colleagues usually doesn’t stop. Therefore, we would like to show you how you can set up an out of office note in Gmail, so that all writers are informed during your absence that answers take longer or that you should contact someone else. The corresponding functions are available in Gmail, but not always directly visible due to the visually very old-looking menu and the position. However, once you have found the function, using it should not be a problem.
Gmail Out of office notification only for own contacts? Yes this is possible!
You have two options when setting up the vacation responder. By default, the note is sent to all people who have sent you an email. But you can also set that only people in your contact list are informed. This is a useful function, which not everyone needs, but which has its raison d’être.
- Go to the Gmail website
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner and “See all settings”
- Stay in the “General” tab and scroll all the way to the bottom
- At the point “Vacation responder” you can activate the function
- Set a start date and if necessary an end date. If you don’t set an end date, the out of office message is unlimited.
Enter a subject and the message
- If you want the out of office message to be sent only to your contacts, check the specific option
- Click on “Save changes”
With just a few clicks you can make sure that everyone is informed about your absence even during your vacation. We hope to have helped you with this tutorial. If you know someone who has a similar problem, please forward this article to them. We would be happy and wish you a lot of fun during your absence!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!