Save Excel chart as image
Normally it is sufficient in Excel to save certain data areas as PDF and send them to other people. We have already shown how this works in our workshop on Microsoft Excel. But is there also a possibility to save an Excel chart as an image? We asked ourselves this question and looked for suitable possibilities. We came across two solutions that we would like to share with you.
Save Excel table as image – with minor detours:
First of all, we would like to make one thing clear: There is no direct way to save tables and charts as images. In any case, we have to make a detour via another program such as Word or Paint. However, it is not difficult to save a table as an image once you have learned the procedure.
- Select the desired table or diagram
- In the “Start” tab, in the “Clipboard” area, click on “Copy” and “Copy as image”
- Select the desired display:
- “As shown on screen” copies the image with the gray intervening lines
- “As shown when printed” removes the intermediate lines
- Select from format “Image” and click on “OK”
- If you need the image in Word, you can simply copy it from the clipboard with CTRL + V
- If you want to save the image as a file, open Paint and paste it also with CTRL + V
- Reduce the white area so that only the image remains
- Now save the image as PNG or JPG on your computer
As you can see, it is not possible to save a chart or a table in Excel directly as an image – however, it is still possible to achieve the desired goal via the detour of copying. We hope that we could help you with this tutorial and wish you continued success with Microsoft Excel!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!