Import passwords to Edge
The use of the Microsoft Edge browser is especially simplified by the fact that passwords can be easily saved and managed. In the future, you will be able to access your favorite websites without having to enter the passwords manually. But where can Edge passwords actually be displayed? In this article, we will show you the answer to this question and also how to export and import passwords to Edge. This way you can also transfer your passwords to another computer very quickly.
Save Edge passwords – function must be enabled
For passwords to be saved in Edge, the browser must have permission. However, this is not the case by default. When entering a first password, Microsoft Edge asks whether this is desired. If you decline at this moment, however, that is not a problem. The appropriate setting can be found for this as well.
This is how you can display passwords in Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and then on “Settings”
- Select in the middle “Passwords”
- In the first area you can now determine whether passwords should be saved in Edge in general
- Further down you will find the saved passwords. Click on the eye to display them
- If you use a password on the user profile in Windows, you have to enter this first
This is how you can export passwords in Edge:
- Click on the three dots to the right of “Saved passwords” and select “Export passwords”
- Confirm the security hint with “Export passwords”
- Choose a location and click on “Save”
This is how you can import passwords to Edge:
- Click on the three dots to the right of “Saved passwords” and select “Import passwords”
- Select from where the passwords should be imported (normal passwords CSV file)
- Check the “Select items to import” box and select “Passwords”
- Click on “Select file”
- Select the file on your computer and click “Open”
Actually, the settings for passwords in Microsoft Edge are well summarized. Once you have reached the right level of the options, you will have all the necessary functions close at hand. We hope that this article has helped you and that you can now easily make the necessary backups. If you have any further questions, just leave us a comment on Youtube!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!