How to prevent tagging on Instagram
Instagram is great for sharing parts of your life and sometimes you can be found in friends’ photos. They can tag you, so you can also find this in your own profile. But it can be annoying to be tagged all the time, and sometimes by people you don’t even know. Therefore, we would like to explain to you in this post how to prevent people from tagging you on Instagram. Actually, this is not difficult, but the settings are partly named differently and thus often cause confusion. We’ll show you how to set everything up correctly anyway.
Prevent Instagram tagging – differences between smartphone and PC
The settings are not named like the function in the profile. That is already one point. But it gets particularly confusing when you compare the functions between smartphone and PC. Because there are also differences here, so that there is talk of posts and photos with you and sometimes also of tags. In addition, the info links of Instagram do not work. At this point, you can see that there is still a need for revision. We hope that Instagram will improve things for its users.
How to turn off highlighting on your smartphone:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile
- Press the three bars and “Settings” in the top right corner
- Switch to “Privacy” and “Posts”
- At the bottom, set who can tag you. If you don’t want to be tagged, select “No one”
- For the other two options, you can still specify below if you want to manually approve tagging. If yes, move the slider to “On”
So you can turn off the marking on the PC:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on “Settings” and “Privacy and Security”
- Scroll down to the “Photos of you” item
- Switch from “Automatically add” to “Manually add”
Actually, the right setting is not difficult, but you have to deal with it to find the right functions. We hope that we were able to help you with this Instagram tutorial and that the constant tagging now comes to rest. If in doubt, you now know how to undo the settings. We wish you a lot of fun on Instagram!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!