Starry sky in Gimp
Whether you want to recreate the opening scene of Star War or just need a night sky for a project, Gimp makes it easy. We would like to show you how you can create a starry sky in Gimp. Only a few settings are possible, but the project can be realized completely according to your individual ideas. You can therefore decide for yourself whether many stars will be visible in Gimp or whether you will limit yourself to a few.
This is how you can create stars in Gimp:
First of all, it depends on different aspects in your picture. Because even our starry sky has not only large, clearly visible stars. Rather, there are many small ones among them, which simply ensure that it is not dark even in the background of the big stars. Therefore, in this project we will show you how to simulate a certain background noise of distant stars and then add the big stars according to your own ideas.
- Create a layer in Gimp and fill it with black
- Go to “Filter” -> Noise -> RGB Noise
- Uncheck the box “Independent RGB channels
- Adjust the sliders at the bottom to your liking. I recommend something between 0.10 and 0.15. Press OK
- Take the brush and set the size to 1.00. Put some dots in your image that represent small stars
- Repeat the step also with the size 2,00 and 3,00. Try here what you like best
- Go to “Filter” -> Light and shadow -> Supernova
- Choose the position of your Supernova in the preview window
- Now choose the color, the radius and the radiation. This is all according to individual preference, but I recommend a radius between 1-5 and rays up to 50
- Set random hue to 0, unless you want a disco star
- Press OK. Repeat the process as often as you like (even with different colors) until your starry sky is filled enough
Creating stars in Gimp is therefore very simple. So if you are looking for an individual solution, then just do it yourself, take a little time. The good thing is that every attempt looks different, so a second attempt can be worthwhile. But if you are just looking for a quick solution, then just use our download. We wish you much success with your projects!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!