Terraria not launching
Terraria is a special game. It’s not just worth playing alone – on the contrary. With a handful of friends, the fun is even greater. However, as with so many games, you are often confronted with technical problems with Terraria. And the biggest one: Terraria is not launching. Therefore, in this post we would like to show what you can do if Terraria does not start, no matter if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 10. Often it is due to plugins and other background software that is needed for the game. If this is also the case for you, the problem can be solved in a few minutes.
You can do this if Terraria does not want to start:
If the game does not want to start for you, you should check if you have the software listed below installed. Or much more simply, reinstall it, as the program will tell you if there is a newer version for it. Since Terraria requires some other software to work properly, this is often the main problem when you have just installed the game. By the way, if you are using Terraria on Steam, it could also be due to Steam itself. We have already shown how to fix games in Steam in some posts.
- Download Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0
- Download Visual C# 2010 Express
- Install both programs (Attention: For Visual C do not install the Service Pack!)
- For Microsoft XNA Game Studio you have to accept the rules. Then a selection opens, if you want to allow a certain communication of the program. Leave the checkmarks here. This can help that the games work again
- Done! Terraria should now run again
With a few clicks and some downloads, most problems with Terraria can be solved. We hope that it works for you and wish you a lot of fun while playing. Let us know if we could help you with the solution in our video!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!