How to change your name on Fortnite
Times change, and sometimes so do our own tastes when it comes to choosing a name. If you played Fortnite when you were young and thought its name was “super cool”, things might be different today. Therefore, we would like to show you how to change your name on Fortnite and adapt it to your current taste. It depends a bit on the platform you play Fortnite on, because the name can be changed differently depending on the platform.
Fortnite name change for Playstation, Xbox and Switch
On the consoles, the procedure is very simple. All you have to do is change your account name on the respective console. The name for Fortnite is simply taken over from it. Therefore, you don’t have to make any major changes for Fortnite, but only in your console profile. A separate setting is only necessary for the PC.
- Go to the Epic Games website
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right corner and log in via the respective platform (for example Steam) or also with your email address
- Go to your profile name in the upper right corner and click on “Account”
- In the tab “General” you will find your account information and directly your display name
- You can change it with the pencil
- Enter a new name and click on “Confirm”
What to do if you can’t change your Fortnite name?
This is either because…
- you have already changed your name once within the last 14 days
- you have not yet verified your account (by mail)
Changing your Fortnite name is very simple. Note the two reasons that can prevent you from changing your name. We know that this question comes up a lot, so we wanted to give you this information right away. And now, have fun with Fortnite and your new name!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!