Change search engine in Firefox
Many browsers now offer the luxury of being able to quickly and easily search for answers in search engines via the address bar. But how can you actually select the appropriate search engine? We would like to show you how to change the search engine Firefox uses to search for answers for you. The choice is bigger than you might think, because besides the standard search engines like Google or Yahoo, many more can be added.
Amazon and eBay also possible as search engine in Firefox:
Amazon and eBay are also search engines and are generally among the largest. However, this fact is often overlooked since both search engines are limited to products of their own platform. Nevertheless, you can set Firefox to quickly search for suitable products via the search bar, depending on your needs.
- Launch Firefox
- Click on the three bars in the upper right corner and select “Settings”
- Switch to the “Search” tab
- At the point “Default search engine” you can choose which page you want to use to search for answers. The selection will be saved automatically
- If you want to add a new search engine, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Find more search engines”
- Click the appropriate add-on, such as “Duckduckgo” and select “Add to Firefox”
- You can directly decide if the add-on should become your default search engine
With just a few clicks, smaller search engines can be found and installed alongside the big players like Google or Bing. Especially Duckduckgo as the default search engine in Firefox seems to be very popular. We therefore hope that you will find all the answers you are interested in from now on!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!