Speed up video in Camtasia
Depending on the project, it may be necessary to change the speed in Camtasia. Therefore, whether you need slow motion or fast motion, the appropriate solution has been combined under one function. Since only percentages are used, it is very easy to speed up a video in Camtasia. A small drawback is, however, that no decimal places are possible and thus the “perfect” result can sometimes not be created. But still, most results can be realized in a few seconds in a more than sufficient frame.
Why use slow motion or fast motion in Camtasia?
Of course, that depends on your project. If you want to shorten irrelevant content, you can use time lapse. If you want to take a closer look at events that happen in quick succession, you can switch to slow motion. We recommend taking a closer look at both functions, as they should be part of every user’s Camtasia repertoire. And since they are easy to use, learning them won’t take long.
- First, drag your desired clip into Camtasia
- Right-click on the video or audio track you want to edit and select Clip Speed
- By changing the percentages, you change the length of the clip. Below 100% makes the clip run slower, above 100% makes it run faster
- Below the percentage you will find a window for the normal duration and the new duration. If you want to adapt the clip to another track, you can orientate yourself here
- Optionally you can check “Replace audio with silence”, because it will be distorted by the change
If you can change the clip speed in Camtasia, you have expanded your toolbox of important functions. If necessary, we recommend that you also take a look at our other tutorials, so that you can get to grips with the video editing program in more detail. In any case, we wish you much success!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!