Audacity Dark Mode
In this day and age, people no longer just sit at their computers during the day. Many also use the evening hours or the whole night for their works in Audacity. Due to the light conditions it can be useful to use a Audacity in dark mode, which is much more comfortable for the eyes. We will show you how to activate the dark mode in Audacity.
Audacity offers a few different themes:
In addition to a dark theme, Audacity also offers different light solutions. Additionally, people with color blindness will find the option to switch to a theme with particularly high contrast. In case of doubt, this can also be worthwhile as a dark theme, although we personally found the green too garish. But that could also be a matter of taste.
- Under “Edit” click on “Preferences”
- Switch to the “Interface” tab
- Under “Theme” you can change the design. Change it to “Dark
- Audacity does not offer a preview. Click OK to activate the new theme
- There are more themes available. Alternatively, you can use “High Contrast”
- However, this may not be to everyone’s taste due to the black & neon green colors
With the given possibilities you can already set up a lot in Audacity. In addition, there is also the possibility to integrate your own theme. In a later tutorial we will explain in more detail how this works!
Links with * are affiliate links. By purchasing via this link we receive a part of the purchase price as commission without any additional costs for you. This helps us to expand the offers available here for you! Thank you!